Wednesday, 9 June 2021

 

Jeans pants


 In my school days, I was so fascinated with jeans pants, and jackets. I am talking about the story of the second half of the 1980s.

This was the time when the eastern world was leaning towards the fashion of the western world. The Western world was seen as developed and civilized.

And the eastern world was quick to imitate the Western-style. Cinema in particular had a great role to westernize our outlook. At this time, Western films were popular among the younger generation and were in great demand.

Our only means of entertainment was the cinema. In those days, Thursday and Saturday were days for English films. Our school used to be over after Tiffin on Saturday and we were always ready to go to the cinema hall that day to watch the English film, which would start at 2.00 pm. We had already packed our casual shirts in our school bags to wear before entering the cinema hall.

In those days; Fiction films, love stories, detective films, and cowboy films were screened. Among them, I mostly loved watching cowboy movies

Of all the English actors, Clint Eastwood was my favorite hero. I never missed his movies. Mostly he acted in cowboy films.






Clint Eastwood was truly a great hero to me. He looked a bit rough, but a handsome man, a strong man with a different personality.

 


Even now I can visualize him distinctly. On hot summer stormy desert; through the scattered tall cactus plants, he is approaching riding on his black horseback. His body was perfectly bouncing along with the gallops of the horse. On his head, a round leather shepherd felt a hat to protect him from the scorching sun of the desert, under which a gleaming eye and two thick eyebrows, and a cut mark on his face, might be due to fighting with robbers.

By then he had reached me. I was amazed to see his solid body, a very tall and strong handsome man with an "I don't care" mustache above his dry lips.

He is wearing blue jeans pants and a jacket, the colour of the jeans has faded and two revolvers are hanging around his waist which he occasionally gropes. His brown dingo boots perfectly match the rugged atmosphere of the desert.

I've seen him many times in a cowboy movie; I can envisage this scene, he is firing a revolver at his enemies so quickly with both his hands, leaving them no chance to take their revolver.



The enemy helplessly lay on the ground and he blows the revolver's smoke and with a swift spin he put the revolver on its case.

Soon he came to me I saw him like Gulliver. The horse nearly crushed me; luckily a pebble saved me because I felt as small as Lilliput in front of Gulliver. So he never saw me.

And as soon as he crossed me he released the bridle and gave a signal kick that made the animal run away, and it proceeded like a storm.

 


His blue jeans pants and jacket fit well with his muscular body. I was very impressed with their getup.

I have fallen in love with blue jeans since that day. Still, I love wearing jeans because it is very comfortable and an all-weather dress. You do not need to iron it. Just pick up your jeans, wear them and move on.

 

As far as I know, Levi’s, Wrangler and Lee Jeans were some of the popular brands at that time, but it was not easily available in the Indian market.

The original jeans were made of pure cotton with double stitching by a thick yellow thread.

This is 2020; Still, I like wearing jeans at this age. But the jeans these days have no match with the jeans of those days. Nevertheless, according to the demand of the times, there are varieties of fashionable jeans available in the market nowadays.

The market currently features jeans pants made of nylon mix and many other materials, for both boys and girls and for all age groups.

These days we do not need to go to shops or malls to buy our clothes. All we have to do is click on Amazon. in or Flipchart or any other sites.

But still, I like those original branded cotton jeans and wish to wear them ...

-©noelrai-

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Jeans pants   In my school days, I was so fascinated with jeans pants, and jackets. I am talking about the story of the second half of t...