Wednesday, 26 February 2014

GLOOMY EVENING

Lone was I descending
Through a narrow bumpy steep hilly track
On the fringe of the western horizon
Soon the sun was going to bid farewell
Chirping birds were hurried to their bough
And I was being more inquisitive
Driven by my own humanity
To take this abandoned downhill path
To pay my spared homage
To my friend’s slumbered wife
Know I not where she is sleeping
But I know nearby old paternal dwelling
Down-down beneath the jagged rocks,
In deep in eternal sleep
Must be, I think, I pitied
And I know he will not see me stopping here
To search for, in this gloomy evening
As busy he’s downhill in his cozy fresh home
Deprived she is now
Of physical ailments and mental despair
And is reclining in undying peace
I think, I guess,
Concealed she is within a white rectangular Dome
Around which red, pink, yellow and white blooms
Roses along with the weeds
Bothers her not anything
Neither torment rain nor the scorching sun,
A light darkening veil prevents me to go any further
Curious and inquisitive though I to bear
Being it’s the darkest evening of the year,
I must be a rationalist and must be back home
To accomplish my life’s assigned duties.
21/03/2012



No comments:

Post a Comment

  Jeans pants   In my school days, I was so fascinated with jeans pants, and jackets. I am talking about the story of the second half of t...