Saturday, 21 April 2012

EARTH DAY




Earth is our mother

The third planet from the sun, our Earth is the only planet in the universe where life is known to exist. Since mankind came into being, it had to devise newer and better things to assist its preservation in a mostly hostile ambience. Many of man's actions, such as the invention of automobiles, deforestation, setting up of industries, improper disposal of waste products, had been aimed at his own good but affected the earth either in a direct or an indirect manner.
Earth Day strives to set right these wrongdoings of mankind and combat the various problems that nature has already begun to be affected by.
Earth is our mother
so take care of your mother and love her. Let’s save our earth.




AGONY OF NATURE


Oh most civilized creature of the universe
How could you fall and go reverse?
From the peak of your pride
Making the world an unlivable site

You were the most intelligent creature
But left no stone unturned in your own pleasure
How rude you were to spoil my existence
Don’t you realize was I adorned and dense

I realize now I made a mistake to let you reside
In my own warm and beautiful green paradise
You were then so tender and gentleman
I fell in love so easily in your passionate claim

My every element has been endangered
Each lake and rivers is being contaminated
My every possessions is being robbed
My every existence is openly being raped

Don’t you remember I am the host?
Don’t you realize you are here as a guest?
With great admiration I dinned and sheltered you
I even shared my sacred bed with you

It is not I live because of thee
Rather you exist because of me
But you have made me so barren and shabby
I wonder why can’t I yet abandon your company

I know now we have to live in co-existence
So I request the past glory to regain
Oh!  You intelligent man it’s right time to understand
The relationship between man and environment

If you still behave to my plea unheard
Definitely you will see your earth being a hearth
Then it might be too late to blame each other
Alas! Neither you nor I will be there to witness any further

By Noel Rai

1 comment:

  1. We human have close affinity with nature and must live with it. Nature continue to bloom even without us but we can not live on earth without nature. We live on this earth as guest of plants and the animals.
    So let's take of our mother earth.

    ReplyDelete

  Jeans pants   In my school days, I was so fascinated with jeans pants, and jackets. I am talking about the story of the second half of t...